remote desktop "Start a Program" Help !!!

Roemeister

I've been enjoying using remote desktop until I added a
program to start-up when the remote connection is made.
The program initiates with the opening of the remote
session, but when I close the program, there goes the
session, too. It seems that this program IS the session,
as nothing "appears" to be behind it. I tried uninstalling
the program, but now I get an error msg from remote
desktop saying it cannot complete the connection as the
initiating program cannot be found!

Does anybody have a suggestion? ( other than VNC...)

thanks - Roemeister

Carrie Garth

Roemeister said:
wrote in message I've been enjoying using remote desktop until I added a
program to start-up when the remote connection is made.
The program initiates with the opening of the remote
session, but when I close the program, there goes the
session, too. It seems that this program IS the session,
as nothing "appears" to be behind it. I tried uninstalling
the program, but now I get an error msg from remote
desktop saying it cannot complete the connection as the
initiating program cannot be found!

Does anybody have a suggestion? ( other than VNC...)

I do not have any experience with this particular problem. However, the way I
understand the Help and Support Center Topic titled "To specify a program to start
upon connection: When the connection is made, only the specified program runs on the
remote computer." Furthermore, according to the topic titled "To create a new
connection: You can change your connection settings, (such as screen size, automatic
logon information, and performance options), by clicking Options before you connect."

For expert help I suggest that you post your question to the following Microsoft
Newsgroup: microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely

Your newsgroup message header seems to indicate that you are posting to the Microsoft
Public Newsgroups using the Microsoft Communities Web Page. If I am correct, if you
click the first link below it will open your browser to the:

Microsoft Communities Newsgroups Web Interface:
microsoft.public.windowsxp.work_remotely
http://communities2.microsoft.com/c...=en-us-win-winclient-networking&lang=en&cr=US

If you read newsgroups using a NNTP newsreader, such as Outlook Express, and
use the msnews.microsoft.com news server, here is a link: