Remote Desktop Connection to NT 4

KenBabe

Folks ... your advice please.

I have installed Remote Desktop Connection on an NT 4 Server (SP6a). The NT
Server is joined to a domain (AD) as a standalone server. I am able to
access other W2K and W2K3 servers ok from the NT server. However, I cannot
access the NT server from a client (e.g. XP) or the W2Kx servers. I suspect
I have to run the Remote Desktop Connection as an NT service, however I am
not sure how to do this for the Remote Connection app specifically ?

Any suggestions ? Is this possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

KenBabe

KenBabe

Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion ..... I'll give this a go. Just to clarify, by
running Remote Desktop as a service will it allow me to access it over the
network in the same way that I do for the other systems ?

Thanks again

KenBabe

"Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <Jim Kenzig
http://[email protected]> wrote in message

Michael Holzemer

In item KenBabe says...
Jim,

Thanks for the suggestion ..... I'll give this a go. Just to clarify,
by running Remote Desktop as a service will it allow me to access it
over the network in the same way that I do for the other systems ?

Thanks again

KenBabe

"Jim Kenzig http://thin.net" <Jim Kenzig
http://[email protected]> wrote in message

I suspect you are referring to connecting to the NT4 box using a remote
client connection. It is native to W2K and W2K3, but only NT4 Terminal
Services Edition supports this not NT4.

Michael Holzemer
No email replies please - reply in newsgroup

Learn script faster by searching here
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/community/scriptcenter/default.mspx

Scott Harding - MS MVP

No, you cannot do this without NT4 Terminal Server Edition, a completely
different opertaing system. You will need 3rd party tools to remotely access
a NT machine like that.

KenBabe

Folks .... many thanks for your input. I guess I'll have to use a
combination of PC Anywhere XP and Remote Desktop Connection.

Thanks

KenBabe