Reinstallation of Canon MPC 200 All-In-One

G

After successfully removing my multifunction USB Printer and Printer Software because I keep getting "The print job failed to complete", and "Unable to communicate with the device", message. Now I am trying to reinstall my Canon SmartBase MPC 200 but when I plug the USB cable in as prompted, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" does not appear and I am unable to proceed further

Can anybody help please?

C

Chuck

By "successfully removing", I hope you mean that you followed an uninstall
sequence rather than just deleting the printer drivers. If not you may have
extra entries left in the registry that may prevent a successful reinstall.

Brixey said:
After successfully removing my multifunction USB Printer and Printer
Software because I keep getting "The print job failed to complete", and
"Unable to communicate with the device", message. Now I am trying to
reinstall my Canon SmartBase MPC 200 but when I plug the USB cable in as
prompted, the "Found New Hardware Wizard" does not appear and I am unable to
proceed further.

G

I followed Bruce Sanderson's excellent advice and went through a step-by-step sequence

I realise my last posting probably gave the impression I am a complete novice. In fact I have been in IT for a number of years, dealing, firstly with DOS problems, then Windows 3.1, then Windows 95 and Windows 98. I have had XP for a week, so, I admit to knowing very little about this particular product, but I will know very much more about it before I am finished. I will learn from advice received from where ever I can get it.

Ask a Question