Regsrv32 problem

G

Hi

I am trying to register a dll file which i have copied to system32 folder, when i try to register it gives the error saying

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\implode.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered.

Please some one help me on this issue

R

Ramesh [MVP]

Vinod,

This simply means that the DLL is not registerable (does not have an DllRegisterServer entry point within-in it). Not all DLLs are registerable, though there may be several other functions within that DLL.

--
Ramesh - Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell
http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

Hi

I am trying to register a dll file which i have copied to system32 folder, when i try to register it gives the error saying

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\implode.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered."

G

Thank you Rames

But i want to know is there any possibilities to regieter that dl

and i have installed cristal reports 7 on windows xp will this give any problem registering that dl

Thank yo

Vinod

A

Alex Nichol

Vinod said:

"C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\implode.dll was loaded, but the DllRegisterServer entry point was not found. The file cannot be registered."

That dll does not have the self-registration information included in it

Ask a Question