Registry - Links Folder B Deleted?

I cant seem to find the, Links Folder, or even the IE Menu anywhere in the
Registry. It's just a little annoying thing that I dont need in my Favorites.
If someone knows I'd appreciate as I've gone in several times,
unsuccessfully, trying to Delete the, Links Folder.

Yeah what a pain, I reckon its spyware. None of your ideas works fellows.the
first one doesnt hide the folder and the second one is a link to a spyware
ridden registry cleaner download site.
Every time i delete my " Links " folder it just pops back again , bah

Don Varnau said:
Hi,
If you really wish to be rid of this very useful folder, browse to it using
Windows Explorer, right-click the Links folder, choose Properties, check
"Hidden."
Or, there's another solution at

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

biermanoski said:
I cant seem to find the, Links Folder, or even the IE Menu anywhere in the
Registry. It's just a little annoying thing that I dont need in my Favorites.
If someone knows I'd appreciate as I've gone in several times,
unsuccessfully, trying to Delete the, Links Folder.

Thank you,
Jean

Don Varnau

Hi,
Well then... Two solutions which work for many others aren't working for
you. Can you provide more details such as OS, version of IE?

I've been finding useful information at winguides.com for several years. You
don't have to use WinGuides Tweak Manager to make the registry edit.

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"biermanoski" <biermanoski[at]discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
I cant seem to find the, Links Folder, or even the IE Menu anywhere in the
Registry. It's just a little annoying thing that I dont need in my Favorites.
If someone knows I'd appreciate as I've gone in several times,
unsuccessfully, trying to Delete the, Links Folder.

Thank you,
Jean

Hi Don,
Thanks for taking the time out here. I have XP and IE6 . If you are
sure its not spyware then I suppose it wont hurt it just leave it? What do
you think, is there any possibility it could be spyware mate?