RegEdit Difficulty!!!!!

G

I have recently experienced a problem with iTunes that says my "My Music" folder is not available. After asking on the iTunes forums, someone asked me to check the "key" in RegEdit for the folder. The data value is blank. Everytime I try to enter in a value, it disappears after I close RegEdit. Is there a "save" feature that I am not performing? If not, how do I make the data value stick to the key?????

Thanks in advance!!

Crai

A

Alain Dekker

Hi Craig,

The only thing I can think of is that you do not have access rights to the
registry, especially HKLM. You might only have access to HKLU (Local User).
Try to create a new key under both and see which sticks. Also, try add
yourself as an Administrator to the PC.

HTH,
Alain

Craig said:
I have recently experienced a problem with iTunes that says my "My Music"
folder is not available. After asking on the iTunes forums, someone asked
me to check the "key" in RegEdit for the folder. The data value is blank.
Everytime I try to enter in a value, it disappears after I close RegEdit.
Is there a "save" feature that I am not performing? If not, how do I make
the data value stick to the key??????

G

Anyone else with any ideas? I still cannot get the keys to stay with the values. I am the only one on my computer and I have the admin turned on for my user account. HELP!!!

----- Craig wrote: ----

I have recently experienced a problem with iTunes that says my "My Music" folder is not available. After asking on the iTunes forums, someone asked me to check the "key" in RegEdit for the folder. The data value is blank. Everytime I try to enter in a value, it disappears after I close RegEdit. Is there a "save" feature that I am not performing? If not, how do I make the data value stick to the key?????

Thanks in advance!!

Crai

Ask a Question