Regarding Post from 5 years ago on dropdown

Pierre

This answer posted in 1998 question would help me greatly, but am
soliciting the mechanics of how to do this:

I would like ANOTHER dropdown to offer the sizes and prices available
from the wood that was chosen in the first dropdown.
1. The database is on another worksheet, however the range was
defined-named and the data validation-list dropdown works fine.
2. The list has 15,000 items, with a total of 28,000 lines(accounting
for duplicates and differences in sizes and costs associated with each
item)
3. IOW the 2nd dropdown should be limited to the details of items
found in the choice made in the first dropdown.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Pierre

From T. Ogilvy:
It is not real clear about what you want.
I understand you want a dropdown box that shows
wood 1
wood 2

What happens after that? Do you want another dropdown to offer the
sizes and prices of available wood based on the wood that was chosen
in
the first drop down box. Where is this happening. Are the drop down
boxes on dialog sheets (Excel 95 or earlier) or userforms (Excel 97)
or
are they on the worksheet (from the Forms toolbox or the Control
toolbox) or are you using Excel 97 and want to use Data Validation
dropdown boxes.

where is the data located to populate the dropdown box. Where is the
vlookup formula.

Please clarify and maybe someone can lend a hand.

If you already have some code, it might be useful to post that.

Regards,
Tom Ogilvy

----------
From: JT[SMTP:[email protected]]
Posted At: Friday, August 28, 1998 10:20 AM
Posted To: programming
Conversation: drop down box
Subject: drop down box

I know nothing about vb programming so I came to the experts... I know
this
is probably simple, but..

I have two ranges wood size
wood 1 2x4
wood 1 4x4
wood 1 4x8
wood 2 2x4
wood 2 4x4 ETC.

First I want a dropdown box that will not show duplicates.. and when
an item
is selected it will run my vlookup formula which picks the size and
price

Also... what is the best (and easiest) VB book out there???

thanks JT

Peo Sjoblom

See:

Peo Sjoblom

Pierre said:
This answer posted in 1998 question would help me greatly, but am
soliciting the mechanics of how to do this:

I would like ANOTHER dropdown to offer the sizes and prices available
from the wood that was chosen in the first dropdown.
1. The database is on another worksheet, however the range was
defined-named and the data validation-list dropdown works fine.
2. The list has 15,000 items, with a total of 28,000 lines(accounting
for duplicates and differences in sizes and costs associated with each
item)
3. IOW the 2nd dropdown should be limited to the details of items
found in the choice made in the first dropdown.

Thanks for any thoughts.
Pierre

From T. Ogilvy: