Regarding GPS

Hello Friends,

I want to send current location to my web service through Pocket PC. Now
there are 2 option one is to use GPS recevier and then read values and
finally send it.

Now what i am thinking is if it is costly solution ( buying GPS receiver for
each and every user.) Now can i somehow read the current location information
displayed on pocket pc by current carrer(for example, AT&T)? I mean i don't
know about USA, but in india when we enable "cell info" display, from mobile
phone it displays the current area (ofcourse this is career service). So my
question is, is it the same in USA also? Is there any option in PPC so that
this information will be displayed.

And if the answer is yes, then how to read that information programmatically?

Regards,
Viral

Christian Resma Helle

Hi Viral,

Devices that have built-in GPS receivers and getting pretty now-a-days. I
don't think i've ever heard about getting your location info from the phone
provider so i can't help you out there.

But if you decide to use the a GPS receiver then here are some links that
will help you get started:

http://www.pocketpcdn.com/articles/...)=45&atb.set(a_id)=6509&atb.perform(details)=

A managed wrapper is available in the Windows Mobile 5.0 and 6.0 SDK
samples.

Regards,
Christian Resma Helle
http://christian-helle.blogspot.com