Reference worksheet by partial name ?? wildcard

Dale

Hello..

I have several pivot tables I've created from code derived from a "master" 2
week work schedule. Each pivot table summarizes the daily job schedules and
resources. I want to be able to delete the pivot table worksheets whenever
the schedule is updated in order to recreate each pivot table summary
reflecting the new schedule.

Each pivot table worksheet is named by a date followed by "summary" i.e. Oct
21 summary. I would like to be able to delete each worksheet having the
word "summary". So far I've been able to do this by using worksheets(index)
if the worksheet is appended after the master schedule. But if a user adds
another worksheet in the same manner it could get deleted in error.

I appreciate any help you can provide..thanks.

Dale

Think I have a passable workaround...I tagged each pivot table with a title
which I reference as an IF condition before deleting the worksheet...but if
anyone has a better approach I'm open to suggestions.

Jim Cone

This will delete any worksheet that ends with: number, space, Summary...
Dim WS As Excel.Worksheet
For Each WS In Worksheets
If WS.Name Like "*# Summary" Then
WS.Delete