reference work sheet name by using a formula

worksheet reference by label

I have multiple sheets. Instead of using the harcode sheet name and the
reference cell in that sheet, is there a way to refer to the worksheet name
using a label.

I want to copy a value from sheet named "XYZ" cell "F5" to my current Sheet1
cell "A2".

Usual way is cell "A2" in Sheet1 would contain the ='XYZ'!$F$5.

Can I have a cell "A1" in Sheet1 with the value XYZ. Then my formula would
refer to that cell "A1". example =A1!F5

Tyro

If A1 contains XYZ you can use in A2:

=INDIRECT(A1&"!F5) to get the value from XYZ!F5

Tyro

"worksheet reference by label" <worksheet reference by
news:[email protected]...