Reefys New Graphics Card ;)

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Got me 6800GT today, 256MB GDDR3 and the maker of this lovely is Inno3D , cost me £270 delivered from www.aria.co.uk . Cheapest i could find that actually have them in stock, didnt dare to try and order off PC World at the moment, they say they have stock when they dont supposodly :/.

Anyway, put it through a few bechmarks earlier:

My old Radeon 9800pro (Catalyst 4.12) running @ 405Mhz Core 355Mhz Mem used to get just over 6000 on 3DMark03, 2400 on 3DMark05 and 44,000 on Aquamark3. Me new 6800GT ()Forceware 66.93) gets over 10, 500 on 3DMark03, 4500 on 3DMark05 but not much over 51, 000 on Aquamark3.

It seems pretty darn loud compared to my old radeon, but thats probably cos i fitted the VGA Silencer on it :blush:. Probably gonna fit the silencer on this bad boy, but its pretty darn huge.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Nice card Mr Reef. Colour me jealous ;)

So you running HL2 & Far Cry with all the goodies switched on?

Reaction score
v v nice!!!!

All you need now is a 42inch plasma screen and a LOUD LOUD 7.1 surround sound system!

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
I wacked everything up on Far Cry, AA, all decals n detail and it looks unbelivably good. But it drops to about 20fps in really heated battles, so ive just put everyting on high with some AA ;).

Ive put doom 3 on 1024x768. 8xAA, all details on high and there isnt a stutter to be found anywhere, and it looks so real I can smell the fresh zombie flesh :p. Half life 2 is on everything high, 4xAA and other goodies turned on, but it still has the infamous stutter, which is more likely a sound problem on valves behalf.

I must also add that i'm extremely please with aria and city link delivery. I ordered the card about 7pm monday night and it come today (wednesday) at around 9:10am. Thats what i call quality service. I didnt pay any extra delivery charges or anything, just standard delivery :).

Reefsmoka

Cookie Monster
Reaction score
Well i was having a browse round the drivers/card options seeing as i havent been down the Nvidia high end road since the GeForce 3 Ti 500! (a while :p ).

And i noticed this, its crazy and you cant change it!
attachment.php

I think half my computer will be in a little puddle of silicon and plastic by then hey?

Attachments

• Shocking.JPG
    Shocking.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 252
Reaction score
I doubt it - it wouldn't set it that high unless it could take that without melting. Thats probably the highest it can take without it blowing...

Try the Omega clock tuner...you'll like it.

Ask a Question