redo coding.

doran_doran

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site. and Hoping everyone is doing well today.

1. I have a form call frmAddNewRecord.
2. Enduser click "add a new record" from swithboard to add a ne
record.
3. However, there are three mandatory field on the form "ga_number
PlanNum, PYE"
4. Currently, I have a code behind the form properties (before insert
to check this fields.
5. If the field left blank the system prompts user that the field wa
not populated and takes users back to switchboard without giving user
chance to populate any one these fields.
6. Please check my database and send me your suggestion.
7. I want system to warn end user msgbox
8. and not get out of that form , end user should be able to click o
retry and fill out the missing fields (especially, all three primar
fields, ga_number, plannum,pye)

Any help will be appreciated.
Diann

| Attachment filename: addnewrecord.zip
|Download attachment: http://www.MSAccessForum.com.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=154921

doran_doran

I never thought i could take the route. You are genius.

Thanks million for helping me.

Regards
Dianna

Marshall Barton

doran_doran wrote:

[snip the question]
| Attachment filename: addnewrecord.zip |
|Download attachment: http://www.MSAccessForum.com.com/forums/attachment.php?postid=154921|

Dianna, I see you got an answer you like so all I want to
add is a suggestion for more effective use of these
newsgroups.

Newsgroups without the word "binaries" in their name are
supposed to be text only so everyone can read your
question/code and see what others have suggested as ways to
deal with your problem. While it is nice that the web
interface you used provided a place to park your database
instead of including it as an attachment, very few people
will take the time (and risk a virus) to download it just to
see if they might be able to help you. It would be much
better if you could summarize your problem in a short
paragraph or two along with a snippet of the relevant code.

For an extensive discussion about effective use of
newsgroups see the Netiquette page at:
http://www.mvps.org/access/