Redirecting common group All Users to a network share

G

Good Day All

The company I work for is upgrading their workstations from NT to XP. They, as recently as December of '02, upgraded their server to 2000. At that point, I configured the NTCfgPol to work with NT. In that policy, I was able to redirect the All Users part of the workstaion profile to a share on the Network. Now they are using XP so I start using Group Policy but I cannot figure out how to duplicate what the NT policy did in Group Policy. Can anyone point me to an article that tells of this or give me some type of direction to go

Thanks in advance
C F Hickey

P

Philip Nunn

You are going to want to look into "Folder Redirection" using group policy
and possibly "Roaming profiles" depending on what you want. You should read
up on both topics.

Philip Nunn

C F Hickey said:
Good Day All,

The company I work for is upgrading their workstations from NT to XP.
They, as recently as December of '02, upgraded their server to 2000. At that
point, I configured the NTCfgPol to work with NT. In that policy, I was able
to redirect the All Users part of the workstaion profile to a share on the
Network. Now they are using XP so I start using Group Policy but I cannot
figure out how to duplicate what the NT policy did in Group Policy. Can
anyone point me to an article that tells of this or give me some type of
direction to go?

G

First off, thanks for responding. I have been using roaming profiles since they switched to 2000 Server. At that time, they used NT workstations and I was able to redirect the All Users portion of the profile to a network share. I looked into Folder Rediredtion when they made the decision to upgrade to XP but that only redirects the User's portion of their profile not the All Users. They want to be able to commonalize certain program groups as to not have to go to every machine to load up the new common programs group.

Ask a Question