Recover deleted OU?

Mike Brannigan [MSFT]

Scott Bollinger said:
Is it possible to recover a deleted OU?

Yes - you can authoritatively restore it back from a previous system state
backup (that includes the directory)
See the online for more information about authoritative restores of
directory objects.

Mike
--
Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

rights

newsgroups

Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]

To add to what Mike has stated, you can use NTDSUtil to do this. You would
use the authoritative restore process and you would use the 'restore
subtree' command.

HTH,

Cary

David Pharr [MSFT]

To be even more granular and add to the previous posts, the following
article outlines the steps:

241594 HOW TO: Perform an Authoritative Restore to a Domain Controller in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=241594

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)

| From: "Cary Shultz [A.D. MVP]" <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Recover deleted OU?
| Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 22:41:35 -0500
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.active_directory
|
| To add to what Mike has stated, you can use NTDSUtil to do this. You
would
| use the authoritative restore process and you would use the 'restore
| subtree' command.
|
| HTH,
|
| Cary

| > Yes - you can authoritatively restore it back from a previous system
state
| > backup (that includes the directory)
| > See the online for more information about authoritative restores of
| > directory objects.
| >
| > --
| > Regards,
| >
| > Mike
| > --
| > Mike Brannigan [Microsoft]

| > rights
| >
| > Please note I cannot respond to e-mailed questions, please use these
| > newsgroups

Joined
Nov 25, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Restore AD Objects After Deletion

First Read This:
Recovering Deleted Items in Active Directory

Then download and use this:
Overview

best tool ever and super easy to use in whatever size AD enviroment you are working in. No bs Microsoft processes to go through.

I love quest and if it was a chick i would proposed. They have me hours when somebody deletes by accident and i have to do the restore.

Go get em....