RecordSource of Forms

John

I am trying to create a recordsource that contains fields
that are both editable and non-editable. The problem is
that when I put them together, the whole recordset is non-
editable. I would query two tables but the problem is
that I need a SQL pass-through query to grab some of the
non-editable records. Is the a way to create the
recordsource to make all the records editable and I can
just disable the fields I do no want them to edit.

Thanks,
John

prabha

Hi John,

Take a look at this article ACC2000: How to Simulate Column-Level Security
in Microsoft Access
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=304315

I hope this helps! If you have additional questions on this topic, please
respond back to this posting.

Regards,

Eric Butts
Microsoft Access Support

"Microsoft Security Announcement: Have you installed the patch for
Microsoft Security Bulletin MS03-026? If not Microsoft strongly advises
you to review the information at the following link regarding Microsoft
Security Bulletin MS03-026
<http://www.microsoft.com/security/security_bulletins/ms03-026.asp> and/or
to visit Windows Update at <http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/> to install
the patch. Running the SCAN program from the Windows Update site will help
to insure you are current with all security patches, not just MS03-026."

| From: "John" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "John" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RecordSource of Forms
| Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 14:09:59 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
|
| I am trying to create a recordsource that contains fields
| that are both editable and non-editable. The problem is
| that when I put them together, the whole recordset is non-
| editable. I would query two tables but the problem is
| that I need a SQL pass-through query to grab some of the
| non-editable records. Is the a way to create the
| recordsource to make all the records editable and I can
| just disable the fields I do no want them to edit.
|
| Thanks,
| John

John

Eric,

Sorry I am sure I did not word my question right. What I
am looking for is the ability to have the recordset be all
updateable. I have a SQL-Pass through query that is non-
updatable and when I join it with a table that is
updatable, the whole recordset becomes non-updatable. Is
there a way to have the SQL-Pass through query be
updateable or is there a setting a I am missing and that
is why my information in non-updateable.

Thanks,
John

prabha

Hi John,

"When the query is a Microsoft SQL pass-through query, you cannot update
the data in the query."
Source: INFO: Troubleshooting Errors That May Occur When You Update Data in
Queries and in Forms
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;328828

Will need to use Linked Tables or ADO Recordsets.

Eric

| From: "John" <[email protected]>
| Sender: "John" <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: RecordSource of Forms
| Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 06:42:35 -0800
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.access.formscoding
|
| Eric,
|
| Sorry I am sure I did not word my question right. What I
| am looking for is the ability to have the recordset be all
| updateable. I have a SQL-Pass through query that is non-
| updatable and when I join it with a table that is
| updatable, the whole recordset becomes non-updatable. Is
| there a way to have the SQL-Pass through query be
| updateable or is there a setting a I am missing and that
| is why my information in non-updateable.
|
| Thanks,
| John

| >|
| >| I am trying to create a recordsource that contains
| fields
| >| that are both editable and non-editable. The problem
| is
| >| that when I put them together, the whole recordset is
| non-
| >| editable. I would query two tables but the problem is
| >| that I need a SQL pass-through query to grab some of
| the
| >| non-editable records. Is the a way to create the
| >| recordsource to make all the records editable and I can
| >| just disable the fields I do no want them to edit.
| >|
| >| Thanks,
| >| John
| >|