Recommend a freeware Outlook Duplicate Remover

flahmeshess

I've search a bit and found "Outlook Duplicate Items Remover" and one
from Holy Spirit. Can somebody recommend one where:

- it does not hook into Outlook as a plug-in
- does not cause Outlook to pop up a mesage to get permission to
access Outlook.

Thanks very much.

Gordon

flahmeshess said:
I've search a bit and found "Outlook Duplicate Items Remover" and one
from Holy Spirit. Can somebody recommend one where:

- it does not hook into Outlook as a plug-in
- does not cause Outlook to pop up a mesage to get permission to
access Outlook.

Thanks very much.

I have used the one from Holy Spirit - AFAIK it is a one-off run, and does
not add a "plug-in" to outlook. Neither did I get any sort of permissions
dialog when I ran it...

flahmeshess

I used the older version from Holy Spirit and it didn't prompt for
persmission but the current one I'm testing at ver 5.2 does.
Unfortunately, I don't have the older version anymore. You know where
I can download ? Thanks

Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]

flahmeshess

Thanks very much everybody for your replies. Now I found a ODR V3
which does not trigger the permission dialog. It has some drawbacks
though:

- it always start searching from the beginning and not from the last
checked record. So it takes longer
- it does not give me the option to select which fields to compare.
So an item with and without notes can be treated as the same

Well, since it does not trigger the permission dialog, the it's not so
bad as I can let it run overnight. It's free so beggers can't be
choosers.

Thanks very much again.

flahmeshess

Sorry, it does trigger the permission dialog but only for email.
Thanks once more.

Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware]

Hi Brian,

sorry I mistook the:

"Outlook Duplicate Remover" with the program "Duplicate Remover for Outlook"

My mistake, sorry.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Joined
Aug 27, 2008
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Oliver Vukovics [Public Shareware] <[email protected]> wrote:

> the "Duplicate Remover" tool is not a "Freeware" it is "Shareware.
>
> A list of "duplicate" tools are on this site:
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail_duplicates.asp

The one toward the bottom of that page,
http://www.slipstick.com/files/ODR5.EXE is listed as freeware.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Just for information, ODR5 is neither shareware nor freeware. It is "prayerware". You are supposed to offer a prayer for the unfortunates of this world when you use it. The clue is in the author - a priest.

Joined
Aug 21, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
If you recommend a freeware Outlook Duplicate Remover, then users can only use the manual steps to eliminate duplicate Outlook PST files, but the method cannot be operated easily by non-tech-savvy users. Users can use an advanced and safe solution to delete duplicate mails from Outlook with the help of TrustVare PST Duplicate Remover. This app is 100% secure for deleting duplicate files. There are users who do not need to install other software to delete duplicate files. Both professional and non-professional users can also use this tool to remove duplicates. Users can use the free demo version of this app to learn more about the features and functions of the software.