Recent files list keeps vanishing

Tom Hall

Microsoft Excel 2003, Vista Home Premium 64-bit.

Recently used files list keeps getting emptied. I have the option set to 9
entries.

This only happens in Excel. Ideas welcomed. My research has so far come up
empty.

Tom

Jim Cone

This seems to be endemic, in my experience, to WindowsXP / xl2003 / xl2007.
I had to add code to my commercial add-in "Extras for Excel" in order to retain
the recent used files setting.
The VBA code snippet below makes the recently used files list count equal to
9...

Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 9
'---
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA
http://www.mediafire.com/PrimitiveSoftware
(free and commercial excel programs)

"Tom Hall" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
news:[email protected]...

Tom Hall

This seems to be endemic, in my experience, to WindowsXP / xl2003 / xl2007.
I had to add code to my commercial add-in "Extras for Excel" in order to retain
the recent used files setting.
The VBA code snippet below makes the recently used files list count equal to
9...

Application.RecentFiles.Maximum = 9

I have no idea how to implement this. I'm not a programmer.

"Tom Hall" <[email protected]>
wrote in message

Tom