Receiving blank emails

There is nothing in the "subject" or "from" columns, just blank emails which
are all 2 KB and received at various times (not all in a string). I suddenly
started receiving them a few days ago. Using Outlook.

Brian Tillman

kpasse said:
There is nothing in the "subject" or "from" columns, just blank
emails which are all 2 KB and received at various times (not all in a
string). I suddenly started receiving them a few days ago. Using
Outlook.

It's not Outlook's doing. Delete them.

Brian,

I am having the same problem.

Do you suspect that this could be a virus? I contacted my ISP last weekend
and they sent a long piece of goobly-gook. I performed a system scan
recently and no problems were found.

LDN

computerjack

Brian said:
Not on your PC. Perhaps on someone else's that has you in the address book.

I have 2 customers with the same complaint... blank emails, but both
are using Outlook Express. This just started a few days ago, maybe a
week ago. Perhaps one of the headers will give a clue...

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:10:35 +0000 (GMT)

11/2/2005

Any help in stopping these emails is appreciated!!!

Jack

Pat Willener

As Brian explained in the previous messages, this has nothing to do with
Outlook, or Outlook Express, or any other email client.

It's spam, plain and simple. Blank spam, yes, but still spam. Delete
them, or set up your email filters so they get deleted before they reach
your inbox.

Frankly, I prefer blank spam to the ones with disgusting and grotesquely
misspelled content :)

Well I am starting to get tired of this virus and that threat. I am about
ready to permanently disconnect from the Internet and leave the hackers to
prey on the rest of the world. After dropping the daily paper a few years
ago, I don't think I have missed much more in the past few years than
Clinton's midnight escapades. I hope that he's still running around the West
Wing looking for goodies.

roccogrand

Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:10:35 +0000 (GMT)

11/2/2005

Any help in stopping these emails is appreciated!!!

Jack

Brian Tillman

Perhaps one of the headers will give a clue...
([203.197.235.146](misconfigured sender))
by rwcrmxc17.comcast.net (rwcrmxc17) with SMTP
id <20051104021026r1700smcv9e>; Fri, 4 Nov 2005 02:10:34
+0000

Indeed. VSNL is a leading SPAM source.