Read-only set on WIn 2003 Server

G

I have a Win 2003 Server, after a crash we reverted to backups. The folders are set to Read-only, and they will not change. Users cannot update or change files on that drive. We have tried copying the contents to a Win XP system, we have tried command line ATTRIB on both machines, we have tried blowing away the partition on the drive and rebuilding; however, we still can't write, or update these files, except at the server or on the Win XP system.

G

Hi

We deleted the partition & formatted the WD 120GB hard drive with the default cluster size (from the disk management module on the computer management console). We gave Administrator, Administrators, Domain Admins, & Enterprise Admins Full Control & Domain Computers Modify. We gave Group Domain Users & Everyone Modify rights... Logged in as Administrator (Domain Admin) from any workstation on the network, we cannot create a folder or file on the drive... We again, used ATTRIB -r -h /d /s at the w2K3 server; however, we still cannot create a folder or file on the drive.... We are able to create folders and files at the server console… We can create a folder and file on the WD 40GB C: drive from workstations... Any suggestions? Ji

----- jimrlong wrote: ----

I have a Win 2003 Server, after a crash we reverted to backups. The folders are set to Read-only, and they will not change. Users cannot update or change files on that drive. We have tried copying the contents to a Win XP system, we have tried command line ATTRIB on both machines, we have tried blowing away the partition on the drive and rebuilding; however, we still can't write, or update these files, except at the server or on the Win XP system.

G

I never thought that the permissions could be set different than the Security Tab… I am unworthy, unworthy, shame on me… Problem fixed, Ji

----- jimrlong wrote: ----

Ask a Question