RE: NLB - Drainstop problem

Curtis Koenig [MSFT]

Hi Mike,
The wlbs drainstop command does not close the connections that are already
on the box only the stop command does this. The drainstop command causes
the NLB to not accept any new connections that arrive into the cluster.
However the node continues to service any connections that are already
balanced to it. Essentially the box waits for any connected clients to
terminate their connections.

303768 HOW TO: Perform Basic Network Load Balancing Procedures in Windows
2000
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=303768
Excerpt:
When you use the wlbs stop command, client computer connections that are
already in progress may be interrupted. To avoid interrupting active
connections, use the drainstop cluster control command.
__
Curtis Koenig
Microsoft Clutering Technologies Support
MCSA, MCSAS,MCSE, MCSES

Please reply to the newsgroup so that others may benefit. Thanks!