Re: Logon Failure: the user has not been granted the requested logon type

aaron

Look in the local security policy and make sure "access this computer from
the network" is set correctly.

hth,

aaron

Martin

Dear Aaron:

Thank you ever so much for pointing me to :local security
policy. That was indeed the solution.

Thanks again.

Martin

Joined
Feb 20, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanks a bunch, it solved my problem too.

Martin said:
Dear Aaron:

Thank you ever so much for pointing me to :local security
policy. That was indeed the solution.

Thanks again.

Martin

the
>> requested logon type at this computer.
>>
>> I logon as administrator on both computers. I have

messed
>> with local users/groups permissions in computer

management
>> as well as permissions for specific folders(drives), but
>> can't figure out what's wrong.
>>
>> Will appreciate any efforts to help me.
>>
>> Martin

>.

Joined
Apr 6, 2006
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
sounds like my problem, but...

excuse my ignorance, but where exactly is "local security policy?"

Joined
Sep 4, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Thanks a lot

Thanks so much. I too was struggling to solve this but searched on pcreview and that was the solution to my problem. Local security policy can be found by start->run->gpedit.msc->computer configuration->windows settings->security settings->local policies

Chris.

Joined
Nov 27, 2007
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
same here

thanks, trying to nework printers from a 64 bit machine to a 32 bit machine is not easy, thanks for the info on user permissions, i wondered where it had gone since it wasnt in the same place as W2K. here is how i did it if it helps anyone

How to network printers from 64 bit to 32 bit machines

Add printer

Local printer

Use the following port-LPT1

Select printer from list

Install driver

Printer name

Do not share this printer

Print test page – no

After installation

Right click printer – properties – ports

Add port – local port – new port

Enter network share name such as: \\asus64\1100

Select new port and apply

roger

Joined
Jun 22, 2008
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Group policy edits

And make sure you check the "Deny access to this computer from the network" setting because any entries there override any entries in "Access this computer from the network"