Subject: how do I stop LookupPNP info message
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
Date: 2003-09-11 14:57:44 PST

Running XP Pro on a p2p sharing network. Everytime a 'limited acct type'
user logs on they get an annoying info message (repeated 5 Times) with a
title bar - LookupPNP and message operation completed successful. How do I
stop this annoying info message??

Cade Perkins

Samsung support simply responded via email to "rename the file". I suppose
they mean WatchPNP.exe. Of course renaming the file will keep it from
executing at startup because the path in the registry won't match, but I
feel it a weak responce from support. I'm sure they're hesitant to mention
editing the registry, but that's the route I'll take to keep my system
uncluttered. Otherwise, they didn't tell me what it was for or what happens
if it does not run at startup.

So, either rename the file or remove the reference from
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I've already done it
and my printer works fine, even over the network. Hope this helps anyone
with the same issue.