Re: Faulting application services.exe... faulting module esent.dll.. Help!

Reaction score
Me too!

Hi,

I had the same problem at my work, had to disconnect from the domain without having a connection to it. About 90 minutes after booting, the error you have described here occured and I had to reboot.

Tomas solution worked though, however, I didn't find anything at Microsoft's Knowledge Base about this, four years after this thread was started.

Do I need to say that I've switched to Mac as my home PC?

Best regards,
Markus

Reaction score
Me Too!

I'm glad I found this post. While searching the Internet I ran into a lot of people reporting this problem, but this is the only place I found a solution (other than a bunch of head scratching and bad guessing about the blaster virus/worm).

Here we are 4 years later, and M$ still has not fixed the problem. I guess they don't really care about bugs in their stuff as long as they don't think you "should be doing that".

I followed Tomas' suggestion and it worked -- system no longer shutting down regularly. There may be some problems with the workaround, but I can live with any of the side-issues a WHOLE lot better than the "shutting down in 60 seconds" routine (try telling a user to quickly run shutdown -a ....yea, right).

Ask a Question