RE: Error: 0x80040e2f BD_INTEGRITYVIOLATION

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Do you have a Unique Index on this column?

Kevin Boske
([email protected])
SQL Server CE Team
Microsoft
Everything you need to know about SQL Server CE:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ce/techinfo/default.asp
From: "Butt Chin Chuan" <[email protected]>
Sender: "Butt Chin Chuan" <[email protected]>
Subject: Error: 0x80040e2f BD_INTEGRITYVIOLATION
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2003 08:01:25 -0700
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework

I encountered the following error message:
Error: 0x80040e2f BD_INTEGRITYVIOLATION
NativeError: (25016)
unique index [,,,,,]
Interface defining error: IID_IRowsetChange
Param. O:0
Param. 1:0
Param. 2:0
Param. 3:
Param. 4:
Param. 5:

I set my primary as auto-increment, not included in the
sql statement. The problem is this: If I enter the same
MemberID as the one in the previous record, I will get
this error message. I didn't set my MemberID as my primary
key, so why this error? Any suggestions? Thank you.

Chin Chuan Butt

No, I didn't set it as a unique index or something. I use ID as my
primary key, and other fields as nvarchar 50 (null allowed). My problem
is also discussed here, but no solution yet:
http://forums.devbuzz.com/tm.asp?m=24355&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1 (titled
Unable to insert record, unknown sql...)

Any idea why this problem crops up? It has been a week and i could do
nothing to it since the syntax is obviously correct (I tested it using
sql query analyzer in SQL 2000, it works, but not in PPC2002, whether in
vb.net application or sql query analyzer).

Thank you very much.

Butt Chin Chuan
A beginner in .Net Compact Framework development

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Can you post the SQL Statement to create the table and the statement you
run that causes this error?

From: Chin Chuan Butt <[email protected]>
Subject: RE: Error: 0x80040e2f BD_INTEGRITYVIOLATION
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework