Ranking

G

Can someone help

Not sure that my first message was posted. In an existing Select Query I would like to add an additional field that would rank item#'s by total sales. The exiting query is pulling the following fields from two linked data tables in our accounting/inventory software program (FoxPro): Item #, several months of sales totals, and a calculated field - Total (which is the sum of all monthly sales). Is is possible to have another calculated field named Rank that will assign a numeric number value between 1 and 3000 based on the Total field value?

Thanks
David

M

MGFoster

David said:
Can someone help?

Not sure that my first message was posted. In an existing Select Query I would like to add an additional field that would rank item#'s by total sales. The exiting query is pulling the following fields from two linked data tables in our accounting/inventory software program (FoxPro): Item #, several months of sales totals, and a calculated field - Total (which is the sum of all monthly sales). Is is possible to have another calculated field named Rank that will assign a numeric number value between 1 and 3000 based on the Total field value?

See this MS KB article:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;120608&Product=acc

Ask a Question