Subject: RAM Corrupted
From: "George" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 5/10/2004 8:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time

My computer keeps giving the following message: RAM
containing Windows program code corrupted.
What's this all about and how do I fix it?
Thanks
With no putdowns or humor intended, your best course of action, if you don't
know what that message means, is to take the PC to a local repair shop that you
trust and tell them the error message you received. They will be able to help
you set it right.

Cheers,

John

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic"
***Arthur C. Clarke***

Jim Macklin

Reboot. If the message returns, it means that the Windows
installation may be damaged and the code it send to RAM is
corrupted. It is also possible that the RAM is defective or
even the mobo and that the Windows files are becoming
corrupted because the RAM address is not being protected.

| >Subject: RAM Corrupted
| >From: "George" (e-mail address removed)
| >Date: 5/10/2004 8:07 AM Eastern Daylight Time
| >
| >My computer keeps giving the following message: RAM
| >containing Windows program code corrupted.
| >What's this all about and how do I fix it?
| >Thanks
| >
| With no putdowns or humor intended, your best course of
action, if you don't
| know what that message means, is to take the PC to a local
repair shop that you
| trust and tell them the error message you received. They
will be able to help
| you set it right.
|
| Cheers,
|
| John
|
| "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable
from magic"
| ***Arthur C. Clarke***

andre

Anybody know if this is trully a message from XP? Seems to me that such a
condition would blue-screen.

John Ski

Subject: Re: RAM Corrupted
From: "andre" (e-mail address removed)
Date: 5/10/2004 1:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time

Anybody know if this is trully a message from XP? Seems to me that such a
condition would blue-screen.

Not necessarily. I have had bad RAM manifest itself as program errors, corrupt
dll messages, even an inability to D/L files(bad checksums). XP is so picky
about RAM that almost anything can happen(including the dreaded BSOD, of
course).