quick parts-increment receipt No. by 1 automatically.

capitokk

Hi I saw template receipt on the net in which after inserting (3 of
them on a page) another, using Quick Parts, the receipt number
automatically change ie increment by 1.
I wish to learn how to do this. I thought quick parts could
automatically do the trick but I was proved wrong. Will be very happy
for help. Thanks.

Stefan Blom

I haven't seen the template you mention, but I'm guessing it makes use of SEQ fields. Learn about SEQ fields here:

Field codes: Seq (Sequence) field
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word-help/field-codes-seq-sequence-field-HP005186190.aspx?CTT=1

If you are using Word 2007 or 2010, you can insert a SEQ field via Insert tab | Quick Parts | Field.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP