Question on OST file

Adam Raff

Good Day,

Not sure where I should post this so I am trying this here first.

I have a user that connects to Exchange 2003SP2 with Office 2007SP1. She
syncs up with her IPhone to the laptop.

Some how something happened and now her contacts are messed up. To see if
the issue was really bad, I disabled her OST file and had her directly
connect so that her Outlook connect to Exchange with out the OST file
active. Her contacts worked fine and she is able to work again.

What I would like to know is the procedure to remove the OST file and then
create a new one. One time I tried this I had issues all over because the
system wanted the old OST file.

Thanks,
Adam Raff

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I usually close Outlook, find and delete the ost then start outlook. When it
complains, I tell it to make a new ost. you can also go into account
settings, click more settings then disable cached mode then enable it - but
that takes a few more steps and restarts.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

(e-mail address removed)

newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.

Steven Du [MSFT]

Dear Adam,

As Diane suggested, we can create a new ost file for Outlook 2007.
Generally speaking, if the cached mode option is enabled, we may close
Outlook process, find the OST file to remove it and restart Outlook 2007 so
that the OST file will be re-created.

In the meantime, we may also perform the step "To disable the .ost file and
create a new one" on the following website to create a new OST file:

Repair an .ost or .pst file in Outlook
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010563001033.aspx

I hope above information is helpful.

Best regards,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support

From: "Adam Raff" <[email protected]>
Subject: Question on OST file
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:49:33 -0400

Good Day,

Not sure where I should post this so I am trying this here first.

I have a user that connects to Exchange 2003SP2 with Office 2007SP1. She
syncs up with her IPhone to the laptop.

Some how something happened and now her contacts are messed up. To see if
the issue was really bad, I disabled her OST file and had her directly
connect so that her Outlook connect to Exchange with out the OST file
active. Her contacts worked fine and she is able to work again.

What I would like to know is the procedure to remove the OST file and then
create a new one. One time I tried this I had issues all over because the
system wanted the old OST file.

Thanks,
Adam Raff

Steven Du [MSFT]

Hello Adam,

How are you?

We have not heard from you regarding this issue. Please post back here at
your convenience so that we can assist further.

Sincerely,

Steven Du
Microsoft Online Support