question for eric p. ca-5001

Reaction score
hey,

i just bought the cyber acoustics ca-5001 5.1 surround speakers (they're still in the mail) and had a question. you said that the cross-over frequency for the sub seemed to be to high. what sound card were you testing with, because i will be using the nForce soundstorm that's part of the nForce 2 northbridge on my motherboard. i can control the cross-over frequency and was wondering if you were able to do the same when you were testing

Reaction score
I was using a Soundblaster Live!. The only controls available in the Creative drivers that would be useful are the bass and treble controls. If you bring the bass one down a bit, it sounded better. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
yes as a matter of fact, i was able to iliminate most of the sub buzzing by playing around with the equalizer settings, but the funny thing is that i found out is that if the equalizer is turned off, that these speakers sound the best --interesting. though this is a very impressive sound system, i would give it more credit than was given to it in the review ;) --interesting

Reaction score
Possibly, but the fact that the sub is horrible is still an issue. A good sound system shouldn't need equalizing in order to make it sound acceptable.

Ask a Question