Query related to 2 tables,how to group

Reaction score
I need a query related to 2 tables: audits and meetings

there are more meetings related to one audit and in the end I need the result of the query in a form, which has a subform with dates of the meetings. The problem is, with my query I get every audit as entry in a form as often as the number of meetings. It should show audit only once and the meeting dates in the subform, if there are several dates for meeting it should still show only one audit. I get the meetings shown in a subform right, but audits are listed repeatedly for each new meeting date

the query is like:

SELECT audits.auditname, audits.auditnr, audits.result, audits.responsible, meetings.date, meetings.status FROM audits LEFT JOIN meetings ON audits.auditnr = meetings.auditnr ORDER BY meetings.date DESC;

what should I do??
I can use group by only with aggregat functions and I cannot take agg. function of every attribute that I need, like for result-its a description,or responsible is a name etc

Ask a Question