Puzz...runtime error, ACC2002

G

I have a 2002 mdb that opens fine on all pc's running ACC2003 and all ACC2002 units except for one. I have installed the office suite twice and when I try to open the DB as a user I don't get the switchboard. If I close out and open the DB up in design view and then try to view the switch baord form I get the following error: Runtime error '-2147024769 (8007007f)': Method 'connection' of object '_currentProject' Failed
Now this error only occurs on the one pc, and if I run it from any other acc2002 or 2003 installation there are no issues. Not sure what could be caussing the issue on this pc, could it be a missing module

Thanks

T

Tom Wickerath

Hi Derek,

Please see the following KB article:

Error Message: Method 'Connection' of Object '_currentproject' Failed"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306132

Tom

I have a 2002 mdb that opens fine on all pc's running ACC2003 and all ACC2002 units except for
one. I have installed the office suite twice and when I try to open the DB as a user I don't get
the switchboard. If I close out and open the DB up in design view and then try to view the
switch baord form I get the following error: Runtime error '-2147024769 (8007007f)': Method
'connection' of object '_currentProject' Failed.
Now this error only occurs on the one pc, and if I run it from any other acc2002 or 2003
installation there are no issues. Not sure what could be caussing the issue on this pc, could it
be a missing module?

Thanks

G

I had found that article after posting, but I still have the problem, even though the latest MDAC has been installed on the PC. I was really hoping that the MDAC would fix the issue.

T

Tom Wickerath

I think its fairly obvious that you have some type of error with MDAC (Microsoft Data Access
Components) on this PC. There is an MDAC component checker available for download from
Microsoft. I'd try running that on the affected PC to see if it can help isolate the problem:

INFO: Component Checker: Diagnose Problems and Reconfigure MDAC Installations
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=307255

Check the references in your database on the machine that is having the problem. Are any of them
marked as missing? If so, fix the missing reference(s).

It sounds like you used the Switchboard Manager to create your switchboard. A dead giveaway is
the presence of a table named "Switchboard Items". Can you use the Switchboard Manager to create
a working switchboard from scratch using this PC? A simpler alternative, in my opinion, is to
start with an unbound form. Use the command button wizard to add command buttons to open the
appropriate forms and reports. You shouldn't need a reference to ADO to use this method (unless
you are using ADO elsewhere in your VBA code). In a copy of your database, try deleting your
switchboard form. Then open up a code module and deselect any reference to the ADO library.
Click on Debug > Compile DatabaseName. Does your code compile okay without a reference to the
ADO library? If so, then don't reselect it.

By the way, I think you should have posted back that you had found the article after posting your
original question, along with a link to the article.

Tom

I had found that article after posting, but I still have the problem, even though the latest MDAC
has been installed on the PC. I was really hoping that the MDAC would fix the issue.

Hi Derek,

Please see the following KB article:

Error Message: Method 'Connection' of Object '_currentproject' Failed"
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=306132

Tom

I have a 2002 mdb that opens fine on all pc's running ACC2003 and all ACC2002 units except for
one. I have installed the office suite twice and when I try to open the DB as a user I don't get
the switchboard. If I close out and open the DB up in design view and then try to view the
switch board form I get the following error: Runtime error '-2147024769 (8007007f)': Method
'connection' of object '_currentProject' Failed.
Now this error only occurs on the one pc, and if I run it from any other acc2002 or 2003
installation there are no issues. Not sure what could be causing the issue on this pc, could it
be a missing module?

Thanks

Ask a Question