Put all cells in one cell seperated by comma

kokopoko

I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in seperate cells such as

wordone
wordtwo
wordthree

I need all cells in one cell seperated by a comma such as

wordone,wordtwo,wordthree

I found out how to add the comma after the cell data, but cannot figure
out how to put them all in the first cell.

Can anyone help?

Christine

Alan

"kokopoko"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have an Excel spreadsheet with data in seperate cells such as

wordone
wordtwo
wordthree

I need all cells in one cell seperated by a comma such as

wordone,wordtwo,wordthree

I found out how to add the comma after the cell data, but cannot
figure out how to put them all in the first cell.

Can anyone help?

Christine

Save the worksheet as a comma separated values file (CSV format).

You might have to export the range (copy / paste?) to a spare workbook
first, but it should work fine.

Backup before doinging ANYTHING!

HTH,

Alan.

Marc

Try the function "CONCATENATE"

Marc

Alan said:
"kokopoko"
<[email protected]>
wrote in message

Save the worksheet as a comma separated values file (CSV format).

You might have to export the range (copy / paste?) to a spare workbook
first, but it should work fine.

Backup before doinging ANYTHING!

HTH,

Alan.

malik641

Marc said:
Try the function "CONCATENATE"

Marc
Just tried this function for the first time cause of this post, cool
function. Didn't know excel could do that.

=CONCATENATE(D1,",",D2,",",D3) :cool:

D1=Wordone
D2=Wordtwo
D3=Wordthree

Marc

You feel meek when you stand in front of Excel there is just so much it can
do.

Marc