Purchasing hardware for an elementary lab

Reaction score
I will soon be responsible for choosing thirty-six machines for an elementary lab. I wanted feedback regarding pc workstations vs. laptops. Mangagability, flexibility and overall capabilities. I feel laptops will maximize my space (although I have plenty of room) but will bring forth a security problem. I teach in a very low-income area. Workstations would be much easier to lock down etc. I have looked at the laptop storage cabinets. I thought that it may create more problems as far as time management with storing the laptops each day. Plus, if someone did break in they would have a very convienant time rolling out all of the laptops. Also looking for advice regading running new electrical and network cables as cleanly as possible.

Reaction score
Yup stay away from the lappy's,too easily broken/PIA to service and they are not going to travel (by design) :D

Also very expensive to upgrade and are highly propritary in the parts and drivers.

Get some big airy towers if You can;)

Ask a Question