Publishing from Internet to FP

G

Hi - this last week my husband mistakenly deleted the Web folder with our ecommerce web site from our hard drive. I am trying to downlaod our site from the web back onto our hard drive on C drive. If I copy it from K drive where I stored a sopy it maintains all the k:// etc. I guess I prefer to download it from the web, but it is doing a lll sorts of stuff - (ie only bring the shared border/index over for the pages and not the whole pages. My server says they are using FP ext. and I am using FP 2002 and Windows XP.

Please give me step by step instructions on how to publish to FrontPage fromt he web. I have opened FP and hit publish (been publishing for a year) and have no idea how to publish from our server BACK to our hard drive. It doesn't appear as if it is set up to do this. I used regular FTP for 5 years and honestly I find it easier to use. Thank you for your help, Chris

S

Steve Easton

You need to either:

Open the web on K:\ and then select File > Publish and Publish it to C:\
or
If you have published to the server using http:// open the live site in FrontPage and then select
File > Publish and publish it back to a location on your hard drive.

FrontPage can Publish both ways. *To* the server, and *From* the server.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed............
........................with a computer

Global Discount said:
Hi - this last week my husband mistakenly deleted the Web folder with our ecommerce web site from
our hard drive. I am trying to downlaod our site from the web back onto our hard drive on C drive.
If I copy it from K drive where I stored a sopy it maintains all the k:// etc. I guess I prefer to
download it from the web, but it is doing a lll sorts of stuff - (ie only bring the shared
border/index over for the pages and not the whole pages. My server says they are using FP ext. and
I am using FP 2002 and Windows XP.
Please give me step by step instructions on how to publish to FrontPage fromt he web. I have
opened FP and hit publish (been publishing for a year) and have no idea how to publish from our
server BACK to our hard drive. It doesn't appear as if it is set up to do this. I used regular FTP
for 5 years and honestly I find it easier to use. Thank you for your help, Chris

G

Thanks so much! That did it.

Steve Easton said:
You need to either:

Open the web on K:\ and then select File > Publish and Publish it to C:\
or
If you have published to the server using http:// open the live site in FrontPage and then select
File > Publish and publish it back to a location on your hard drive.

FrontPage can Publish both ways. *To* the server, and *From* the server.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive

our hard drive. I am trying to downlaod our site from the web back onto our hard drive on C drive.
If I copy it from K drive where I stored a sopy it maintains all the k:// etc. I guess I prefer to
download it from the web, but it is doing a lll sorts of stuff - (ie only bring the shared
border/index over for the pages and not the whole pages. My server says they are using FP ext. and
I am using FP 2002 and Windows XP.
opened FP and hit publish (been publishing for a year) and have no idea how to publish from our
server BACK to our hard drive. It doesn't appear as if it is set up to do this. I used regular FTP
for 5 years and honestly I find it easier to use. Thank you for your help, Chris

S

Steve Easton

Glad to help

;-)

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive

Ask a Question