Protector.Gen Virus

Reaction score
Hi

I'm experiencing a problem with a virus that doesn't want to be removed from my PC, i'm using a Nod32 full version antivirus and a spybot but this virus keeps coming back, showing that it was not removed though the Nod32 said it deleted it keeps coming back, please assist on this one guys

Reaction score
Hi

I suggest that you run Nod32 in safe mode by pressing either f5 / f8 when the computer boots. I would also recommend doing the following scans below in safe mode as well.

Download the following programmes

Super Anti Spyware

Malware Bytes

Once you have done this post back with the results and we can advise further. :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Aye, Wizkid's correct.

Try to find it's location then delete in safe mode.

Reaction score
unfortunately this virus is so powerful i cannot even boot from safe mode as it reboots immediately after i have selected the safemode

Reaction score
Hi

Suggest you download the below programme burn it to disk and boot from it. Onces its loaded up, you can get off any data you want to back up to either a disk or memory stick. Then I think the best thing to do is to reinstall everything again. Its not a good sign if you cant even boot into safe mode.

http://www.ubcd4win.com/downloads.htm

Ask a Question