Protect DVD-Video - A slap in the face for PC and Media Center owners

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
http://blogs.zdnet.com/hardware/index.php?p=114

The movie industry seems determined to continue on a course where it happily erodes the rights of legitimate users, all in the name of securing profits. The latest example of this comes in the form of a DVD copy protection technology called Protect DVD-Video which actually prevents a DVD being played on a Windows PC using Windows Media Player, Windows Media Center Edition or any software players based on DirectShow.

Protect DVD-Video is the brainchild of a company called ProtectDisc. Part of the copy-protection mechanism is a non-standard UDF (Universal Disc Format) file system which results in the IFO file on the DVD (this is the file responsible for storing information on chapters, subtitles and audio tracks) appearing to the PC as being zero bytes long.

Read more at URL above

:rolleyes:

I cannot and do not condone that you purchase a copyright protected DVD so that you may copy it for your friends, family or sell it down the local boot-sale ...

However, as you all know on this forum, mucks' don't own a TV/DVD player, just a PC ... so, you didn't get this next link from me ... the first one on the list is quite good. ;)

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

user.gif

Reaction score
LOL

MS just over 12months ago also informed the press that the 360 had the highest copy protection ever incoporated into a games console. The first hack was out within 6months!

crazylegs

Member Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ha.... I been using all those for years muck's...fantastic products for ******* all your Dvd's......The best on the market...:D

Ask a Question