Property Value Too Large when establishing filed lookup

Reaction score
I am using MS Access 2003 on Windows XP. The table I am working with contains 154 fields. I know, why would anyone use this many fields in a single table? Long story, suffice to say it was not my decision.

The table in which I am working there is a field I am trying to establish lookup criteria. I select "Combo Box" as Display Control. I enter a SQL statement testing it prior to saving it to the property. When I try and save the table I receive "Property Value Too Large". Action Taken:

The table is data type 'Number - Long Integer". Verified all values in table and they were correct.

Tried deleting and recreating the field and problem still exists.

I "Compact and Repaired" database to ensure previous deleted columns was removed from database. Problem still present.

In another table I created the exact same field and used the same SQL statement without receiving the problem when I saved.

I receive this error whenever I try to add lookup criteria to any field which follows the one I am currently working.

ANYONE have a solution or recommendation? Help would be appreciated.

Ask a Question