proper case in access

Discussion in 'Microsoft Access' started by Guest, Nov 2, 2005.

    Is there a function that will convert my text from ALL CAPS to Proper Case?
    I've found some postings with vbProperCase but I don't know vb.

    Guest, Nov 2, 2005

    You can use StrConv - you might want to start by making a backup of your
    database! Then create a SELECT query that includes the field that you wish to
    update. Convert this query to an UPDATE query – use the Expression Builder in
    the Update row of the grid as follows:

    Field: MyFieldName
    Table: MyTableName
    Update To: StrConv([MyFieldName], 3)

    Note for Uppercase use 1 and lower case use 2 – this actually changes the
    case rather than the format property which only changes how text is displayed.

    Guest, Nov 2, 2005

    Thank you, that worked great. But now I have a follow up. Is there any way
    to avoid issues like acronyms going from ABC to Abc? Or ABC LLC going to Abc
    Llc?

    Guest, Nov 2, 2005

    Hmmm - can't think of any unless you know what they are and can use criteria
    to exclude those from the update? There may be a way using VB but I'm not a
    VB person I'm afraid, Sorry

    Sheila

    Guest, Nov 3, 2005

    Thanks for the help. This saved me a lot of time.

    Matt

    Guest, Dec 28, 2005