Programmatically call a menu item from a menu from a Add-in

Thomas

I have the Hyperion Smart View add-in in my Excel. I tried to add a command
button which basically will call a command item on this Hyperion menu.

When I used the
Application.CommandBars("Hyperion").Controls("Member Select...").Execute

in the VBA code, it does not work. The error message is "Runtime error 5:
invalid procedure call or argument".

If I call an Excel standard menu item, it works fine.

Does anyone know how to programmatically call a non-Excel standard menu item
that comes from a third-party add-in?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Jim Cone

Try this version (assumes the Hyperion control is on the Excel menu bar)...
Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Hyperion").Controls("Member Select...").Execute

If the above doesn't work then it probably means that the Member Select item contains
additional controls and you will have to choose one...

Application.CommandBars(1).Controls("Hyperion") _
..Controls("Member Select...").Controls("Sludge").Execute
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"Thomas" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
I have the Hyperion Smart View add-in in my Excel. I tried to add a command
button which basically will call a command item on this Hyperion menu.

When I used the
Application.CommandBars("Hyperion").Controls("Member Select...").Execute

in the VBA code, it does not work. The error message is "Runtime error 5:
invalid procedure call or argument".
If I call an Excel standard menu item, it works fine.
Does anyone know how to programmatically call a non-Excel standard menu item
that comes from a third-party add-in?
Thanks a lot in advance!

Thomas

Wow, that works. It seems that for non-Excel standard, I should use this
syntax.

Thanks a lot for the quick help!

Thomas

Joined
Aug 5, 2019
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Hi Thomas

Can you please send the syntax for activating non standard excel menu through vba code

Regards
Babu Samuel