Process.Start

Marius Horak

Hello,

Program I want to execute is

D:\Inetpub\ftproot\mtn\production\ToMin.EXE

When I execute

myExe = "D:\Inetpub\ftproot\mtn\production\ToMin.EXE";
Process.Start(myExe, "");

On my development machine all is OK.
On the production server it comes with an error "The system cannot find the
file specified"

I put File.Exists(myExe) before Process.Start and File.Exists finda my exe
program so the path and name are correct.
The system/user has all rights to execute exe programs and I cannot see any
difference between my PC and the production setup.
I can execute "D:\Inetpub\ftproot\mtn\production\ToMin.EXE" from CMD without
any problems.
I'm using W2K.

Any ideas?

Thanks

MH

Victor Urnyshev [MSFT]

Marius,

Perhaps your application runs under a different account on the production
server. That other account may not have execute rights for InetPub folder.

--
Victor Urnyshev [MSFT]
This post is "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.