Problems with Samsung 2232BW "Pebble".

Reaction score
Sup guys,

Just installed my shiny new monitor and am a bit dissapointed to say the least, which suprises me from the reviews iv read.

The picture is very grainy, I can see lines of flickering all over the place, especially when Windows dialog boxes are open. It is fair too bright and no amount of tweaking seems to give a satisfacty colour / brightness setting. I have installed the latest drivers, both for the monitor and my GFX card (7800GT 256mb). I have also tried using both the digital and analog connections, which made little difference. The image isnt very sharp at all, as i mentioned above, these flickering lines are most off putting.

Res is currently 1280x1024 @ 60hz

Anyone got any advice on setting these things up as I don't seem to be having much luck. Magic Sync seemed like a pile of **** :(

System :

AMD 3700+
GFX mentioned above
2GB DDR400
Windows XP Pro

Thanks guys / gals

Jon

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
First up run the monitor at native resolution. 1680x1050, not 1280x1024 as thats not a widescreen res.

Have you installed the drivers? Sorry jut reread your post i see you've tried that.

To adjust the brightness and contrast, you should go via the control panel.

:)

Last edited:

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
there is no reason to have a widescreen set at a interloped resoultion

Reaction score
I think iv sorted the colour issue now, but there is still quite a lot of flicker. Its a lot more noticable on dark backgrounds. I wonder if im just being too picky and expecting too much from a big monitor? Res has been changed to native.

One more strange problem is that text is clearer / blurred depending on where it is on the screen. Any ideas guys?

Thanks

Jon

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Well i also have this monitor, and have not seen any flicker or blurred text.

Sounds simple, but have you tried checking the cables? Are you using the DVI cable now?

Do you sit in front of the monitor? As you know TN-film based monitors do have a narrower viewing angle rather than the S-PVA and S-IPS.

Its a long shot, but it is possible you have a bad one, if its as bad as you say... :(

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
it does sound kinda strange, even on low quality monitors i havent seen these kinda issues. get a second opinion?

Reaction score
I have the same monitor, and I have no problems whatsoever with mine. No blurriness and no flickering.

Reaction score
Me Too!

I use the 7800GTX with my 2232BW
have no problems, make sure the DVI cable jack screws are used. I have seen similar problems with poorly shielded ribbon cable on a embedded pc application. When you use the DVI cable I think you lose the resolution adjustment. so is your NVIDA driver up to date? did you disconnect the VGA cable?

Reaction score
it was a faulty monitor. Samsung replaced it with a 226BW which seems to be fine.

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Really? Do you know what panel version? That a step down from the 2232BW in a way... :(

Reaction score
Same problem

Hi guys,

I have the same monitor and exactly the same problems. I'll try contacting them to see what happens.

These posts were useful, thanks.

Richard

Reaction score
Hey, i'm also disappointed about my mew samsung 2232bw. It doesn't flicker at my screen but the brightness of the screen isn't homogeneous at all. With a white screen it turns to light grey at the left and right side of the screen. Time to call Samsung?