Problems with add-ins

Rob

I have purchased a couple of programs to improve on Outlooks capabilities,
and I love them. But they are constantly being disabled because Outlook
blew-up. I then have to re-start Outlook, then re-enable one of the add-ins,
then restart Outlook again.

Both are at least partically developed in the .net platform, and I have read
a couple of issues with SP3 and .net that indicated that there maybe a
problem.

I am running Windows XP Pro, and Office 2003, with the latest service
patches applied to both.

Any ideas?

Rob

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

What are the add-ins and have you contacted their programmers for
assistance.

"Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
Doctor "Then stop doing it."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked:

| I have purchased a couple of programs to improve on Outlooks
| capabilities, and I love them. But they are constantly being disabled
| because Outlook blew-up. I then have to re-start Outlook, then
| re-enable one of the add-ins, then restart Outlook again.
|
| Both are at least partically developed in the .net platform, and I
| have read a couple of issues with SP3 and .net that indicated that
| there maybe a problem.
|
| I am running Windows XP Pro, and Office 2003, with the latest service
| patches applied to both.
|
| Any ideas?
|
| Rob

Rob

Yup. Having been in this business 18 years, I've learned to get everybody
involved that you can.

I'm hoping one of these sharp programmers would know a work around.

Do you have any more information Milly? It would be appreciated.

Rob

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

So, again, what are the add-ins???

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked:

| Yup. Having been in this business 18 years, I've learned to get
| everybody involved that you can.
|
| I'm hoping one of these sharp programmers would know a work around.
|
| Do you have any more information Milly? It would be appreciated.
|
| Rob
|

| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]"
| || What are the add-ins and have you contacted their programmers for
|| assistance.
|| "Doctor, it hurts when I do this."
|| Doctor "Then stop doing it."
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
|| the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my
|| personal account will be deleted without reading.
|| After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked:
||| I have purchased a couple of programs to improve on Outlooks
||| capabilities, and I love them. But they are constantly being
||| disabled because Outlook blew-up. I then have to re-start Outlook,
||| then re-enable one of the add-ins, then restart Outlook again.
||| Both are at least partically developed in the .net platform, and I
||| have read a couple of issues with SP3 and .net that indicated that
||| there maybe a problem.
||| I am running Windows XP Pro, and Office 2003, with the latest
||| service patches applied to both.
||| Any ideas?
||| Rob

Rob

the 2 programs I am refering to are FranklinCovey's PlansPlus, and Tabtag.
The FC dll is FranklincoveyCB.dll, and is the command bar. The Tabtag dll is
sqlview32.dll. I am going to be speaking with Tabtag later today, and I will
post what I find.

Franklincovey appears to have outsourced everthing, including support. And
the support was not very impressive. I am hoping that somebody will have
some work arounds to possible Outlook development issues.

rob

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

FCPP has been the source of a number of problems. If you have no joy from
dealing with their support, you will not be alone. Their latest version
does seem to be better behaved.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rob asked:

| the 2 programs I am refering to are FranklinCovey's PlansPlus, and
| Tabtag. The FC dll is FranklincoveyCB.dll, and is the command bar.
| The Tabtag dll is sqlview32.dll. I am going to be speaking with
| Tabtag later today, and I will post what I find.
|
| Franklincovey appears to have outsourced everthing, including
| support. And the support was not very impressive. I am hoping that
| somebody will have some work arounds to possible Outlook development
| issues.
|
| rob
| "Rob" <NoSpamPlease> wrote in message
| || I have purchased a couple of programs to improve on Outlooks
|| capabilities, and I love them. But they are constantly being
|| disabled because Outlook blew-up. I then have to re-start Outlook,
|| then re-enable one of the add-ins, then restart Outlook again.
|| Both are at least partically developed in the .net platform, and I
|| have read a couple of issues with SP3 and .net that indicated that
|| there maybe a problem.
|| I am running Windows XP Pro, and Office 2003, with the latest service
|| patches applied to both.
|| Any ideas?
|| Rob

Rob

I never had a problem with their app until I upgraded to Outlook 2003, which
forced me to upgrade to their ver. 2.

Once I upgraded to OL2003, I couldn't get FCPP to work correctly, and I had
all kinds of problems. That's when their support told me I had to upgrade to
their latest version to work with OL2003. Well, the upgrade didn't go well
either, but it worked.

I have uninstalled FCPP, and Off2003, and reinstalled it, in different
combinations. But, I still have problems. I have to wonder if something is
left over from when I had trouble, or if their is simply a problem. Maybe
there is a DLL or bad entry in thr registry that is not getting over
written. But, I don't have time to go through all their support will want
until we get to level 3 support.

rob