Problems trying to get rid of msblast worm

G

hello al
recently, while navigating on the internet, a window popped up from nowhere and told me that my computer was going to shutdown in one minute, and i have been having some performance issues while playing my some games installed her

yes, it´s the msblast worm im talking abou
i have been struggling to kill it, patched the windows, ran (free) virus scanners, downloaded the removal tools and downloaded window security update(http://www.microsoft.com/technet/treeview/default.asp?url=/technet/security/bulletin/MS03-039.asp

and you ask, have you killed it yet
thats why im posting here, the virus checkers AND the worm removal tools didnt find anything, my norton systemworks is closing for no reason, just like the window security update install progra

and here i ask for help, what should i do

G

Go to control panel - system - restore tab and turn off restore. Reboot your computer in safe mode and try running antivirus. If found get rid of it. Reboot in normal go back to system restore and turn back on.

G

man, its like, if i had read your min
i did that just one hour ago
but, im not sure if i turned the restore off, is there a problem in that?

L

Lance Joiner

It's possible for the virus to be in your system restore files. Turn oof
system restore and reboot. It will delete your restore points. Turn it back
on and make a new restore point.

Ask a Question