Problems during execution on device:' An unhandled exception of type 'System.Exception' occurred in

Domenico La Fauci

Hi all,
I develop my application with Visual Studio .NET 2003 for a Device that
support Windows CE .NET 4.1 with Compact Framework.
I've updated the Windows CE.NET with the recent QFE available on the
Microsoft Site.
I've updated with the Compact Framework SP1 the Visual Studio .NET 2003.

On the Emulator the application run properly.
When I tried to run the application on my device an exception is occured
when an image is created.
I trie to run also a sample application "Roman Legion" to be sure that It
wasn't my fault.
the same exception is occurred: ' An unhandled exception of type
'System.Exception' occurred in System.Drawing.dll'

LoadBmp(Prefix+"Splash.bmp",(int)Display.Splash);
LoadBmp(Prefix+"Won.bmp",(int)Display.Won);
LoadBmp(Prefix+"Pause.bmp",(int)Display.Game);
LoadBmp(Prefix+"Background.bmp",3);
m_bmpOff = new Bitmap(m_strGamePath+Prefix+"Background.bmp"); <-----
EXCEPTION
// Create offscreen playscren

m_gxOff = Graphics.FromImage(m_bmpOff);

Probably in my OS image there is some missing comoponent or something else
related to installation...

Any ideas?

Thank in advance

Katie Schaeffer [MSFT]

Hi Domenico,

We do require you have either imaging.dll or imgdecmp.dll - could you check
to see if your system contains one of these? You could also try to run
your application with the WinCE emulator bundled with VS to determine if
it's a problem with your code, or your device setup.

Thanks,
-Katie