Problem writing Excel formulas via ODBC

Reaction score
Hi All

I have a C++ program writing records to an Excel spreadsheet using the ODBC classes and ExecuteSQL. The text and number values are inserted ok. However, I am also trying to write a formula (eg. =HYPERLINK("http://www.sasken.com", "Click here for the abc site") ) into the sheet.

The problem: the formula is displayed as a formula - it does not calculate and show the result of the formula. If I edit the formula (changing nothing but simply pressing return to re-enter the original value) then the formula is 'activated' and the result is calculated. In the example above, the hyperlink is displayed as a link.

The same problem exists for any formula (even something as simple as =2+2).

Does anyone know why the formula is not calculated ? Pressing F9, Shift-F9, Crtl-Alt-F9, or calculating the worksheet with VBA doesn't have any effect.

I can't believe that formulas have to be manually entered or edited before they become 'active'.

If I am missing something please let me know. Thanks in advance

--
With Warm Regards,
M.Srikantha

Ask a Question