problem with sending and receiving emails

G

here is message that shows every time I open Outlook
The host 'mail.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'mail.comcast.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0

I know these names are correct and they are entered correctly. Comcast cannot find anything wrong. I can go Comcast Web side and retrieve my messages but I cannot do it when opening Outlook. Similar messge shows if I want to send a message from Outlook
The host 'smtp.comcast.net' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'mail.comcast.net', Server: 'smtp.comcast.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0

I saw similar questions asked but it seems that name used in my error messages are different (using a full name for host). I tried everything I could think; please help. Thank yo

EB

Ask a Question