Problem with Network Connection Event ID 1006

G

I can not connect to the internet. I have reviewed the event log and found the following
Source DHC
Event ID 100
Description
Your computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the Network Card with the network address xxxxxxxxx. The following error occured during the configuration. The requested service provider couldn not be loaded or intialized

This home Lan using a linksys route

Computers are connected to Cable based ISP. One computer is fine and the other will not connect. When I run ipconfig/all on the one that does connect i get showing (only the differences)

DHCP enabled Ye
Autoconfig Ye
IP Address 192.168.1.10
Default Gateway 192.168.1.
DHCP Server 192.168.1.
DNS Servers 66.xx.x.x (3 listed

On the one that does work I ge
DCHP Enabled Ye
AutoConfig Enabled Ye
Autoconfiguration address 169.254.17.14
Submask 255.xxx.xxx.xx
There is no Default Gateway liste
There is no DNS Servers liste

Is this a software configuration issue or is the NIC card possibly ba
The router does not appear to recgonize the bad computer

Hel

G

If have assigned a IP address to the computer that can not access the internet. I can ping the router, another computer on the network and I ping the bad computer from another computer on the network

I still cannot access the internet from the computer where i set the IP address

----- B Collins wrote: ----

I can not connect to the internet. I have reviewed the event log and found the following
Source DHC
Event ID 100
Description
Your computer was unable to automatically configure the IP parameters for the Network Card with the network address xxxxxxxxx. The following error occured during the configuration. The requested service provider couldn not be loaded or intialized

This home Lan using a linksys route

Computers are connected to Cable based ISP. One computer is fine and the other will not connect. When I run ipconfig/all on the one that does connect i get showing (only the differences)

DHCP enabled Ye
Autoconfig Ye
IP Address 192.168.1.10
Default Gateway 192.168.1.
DHCP Server 192.168.1.
DNS Servers 66.xx.x.x (3 listed

On the one that does work I ge
DCHP Enabled Ye
AutoConfig Enabled Ye
Autoconfiguration address 169.254.17.14
Submask 255.xxx.xxx.xx
There is no Default Gateway liste