Problem With My CMOS Date and time Settings..!!

Reaction score
Hi..!!Actually i have replaced my cmos battery before two days since its lifetime has got over.!!Now, the issue is i was unable to change my date and time in bios setup..!!wen i enter into bios and try to change the default date and time by actual date and time i was unable to change tat..!!The seconds cycle was running only for four seconds..!!for eg: 00 to 03..!!wen i try to change the seconds by 59 it is showing me 19..!!wen i try to change the seconds by 40 it is showing me 00..!!in the case of minute cycle(eg: wen i try to change t minute 03 to 04 means it is changed to 00,wen i try to change t minute 13 to 14 means it is changed to 10,wen i try to change t minute 23 to 24 means it is changed to 20,wen i try to change t minute 33 to 34 means it is changed to 30,wen i try to change t minute 43 to 44 means it is changed to 40,same for 53 to 54.!!)..!!there is a same issue associated with hour cycle too..!!i can able to change the system date and time after logging into my windows 98..!!but once the system has been turned off it is showing me the default time..:(

Reaction score
When was the last time you did a BIOS upgrade?? Also are you sure you have the correct battery, it must be the same type code as the previous one... Try that first

Reaction score
try to reset first the cmos battery jumper and re-insert the new battery... otherwise check again the old battery code should be the same type. :)

Ask a Question