Problem with loading an user profile

PrometeoSI

Hi, I have a problem with an user profile: Is there any way to restore it?
When I try to log on a warning appears: 'It is impossible to load the user
profile' [my error is in Italian]. In User Profiles under Status for profile
with problem I read 'Backup' and not 'Local' like others.
OS: Windows XP sp3; workgroup; only local accoun. Thanks.

Malke

PrometeoSI said:
Hi, I have a problem with an user profile: Is there any way to restore it?
When I try to log on a warning appears: 'It is impossible to load the user
profile' [my error is in Italian]. In User Profiles under Status for
profile with problem I read 'Backup' and not 'Local' like others.
OS: Windows XP sp3; workgroup; only local accoun. Thanks.

Usually when a user profile has become corrupted (like in your case),
there's nothing you can do except create a new profile. The data from the
old profile will still be there (look under Documents and Settings) and you
can copy it to the new account.

If you are saying that you no longer have any user accounts (you had only
made one for yourself and that's the one that's corrupted), log into the
built-in Administrator account and make your new user account from there.

In XP Home, boot the computer into Safe Mode. Do this by repeatedly tapping
the F8 key as the computer is starting up. This will get you to the right
menu. Navigate using your Up arrow key; the mouse will not work here. Once
in Safe Mode, you will see the normally hidden Administrator account. The
default password is a blank.

In XP Pro, you do not need to go into Safe Mode. At the Welcome Screen, do
Ctrl-Alt-Del twice to get the classic Windows logon box. Type in
"Administrator" and whatever password you assigned when you set up Windows.

Malke

Morgan che

Hi,

I am writing to see if you have any update on this issue. If you need
further assistance, please feel free to post here.

Have a good day.
Sincerely
Morgan Che
Microsoft Online Support