Problem with Internet sharing on LAN

G

I've problem with try to share internet to my PC. let's me explain.
I've to used normal LAN card that config to connect with ADSL Router ( One on one connection) and now I want to change my connection to Workgroup with 3 of PC, which have one host with Dial up connection connected to hub and sharing Internet to 2 clients PC. So I change my LAN card to Wirless LAN card and set my PC to same Workgroup with this.When I configed it, I found my PC can access LAN connection without any problem, but not Internet sharing, My PC doesn't found internet sharing form host although others clients founded it. I look like my PC still try to connect to ADSL boardband which I removed it's LAN card. and not accecpt when I try to config it to use internet sharing form LAN's host PC. How could I do?

My old Connection

ADSL router <----> My PC (with normal LAN card)

New connection

Host PC (With dial up) <----> HUB <----> Wireless Access point <----> My PC (with wireless LAN card)

Please help me --;

PS. I'm not sure it because WIN XP remember my old connection, isn't it? so how I can remove my old connection with not shown in network conncection?

R

Ross Durie

Use ipconfig to determine what ip number has been assigned to the machine
and post it back to the group.

--
Ross
Sharnak said:
I've to used normal LAN card that config to connect with ADSL Router ( One
on one connection) and now I want to change my connection to Workgroup with
3 of PC, which have one host with Dial up connection connected to hub and
sharing Internet to 2 clients PC. So I change my LAN card to Wirless LAN
card and set my PC to same Workgroup with this.When I configed it, I found
my PC can access LAN connection without any problem, but not Internet
sharing, My PC doesn't found internet sharing form host although others
clients founded it. I look like my PC still try to connect to ADSL boardband
which I removed it's LAN card. and not accecpt when I try to config it to
use internet sharing form LAN's host PC. How could I do?
My old Connection

New connection

Host PC (With dial up) <----> HUB <----> Wireless Access point <----> My PC (with wireless LAN card)

Please help me --;

PS. I'm not sure it because WIN XP remember my old connection, isn't it?
so how I can remove my old connection with not shown in network conncection?

N

NobodyMan

I've to used normal LAN card that config to connect with ADSL Router ( One on one connection) and now I want to change my connection to Workgroup with 3 of PC, which have one host with Dial up connection connected to hub and sharing Internet to 2 clients PC. So I change my LAN card to Wirless LAN card and set my PC to same Workgroup with this.When I configed it, I found my PC can access LAN connection without any problem, but not Internet sharing, My PC doesn't found internet sharing form host although others clients founded it. I look like my PC still try to connect to ADSL boardband which I removed it's LAN card. and not accecpt when I try to config it to use internet sharing form LAN's host PC. How could I do?

My old Connection

New connection

Please help me --;

PS. I'm not sure it because WIN XP remember my old connection, isn't it? so how I can remove my old connection with not shown in network conncection?

Good god man, why would you want to go back to dialup if you ASDL?
Just buy a DSL router and share your connection. It's much easier,
provides much better speed, and will save you the headaches of ICS
woes.

Ask a Question